Heated Pitot-Static Probe HPS-1
HPS-1 of Simtec is a lightweight pitot-static probe with an integrated and regulated heating and drainage system that prevents aggregation of ice and moisture.
The HPS-1 is the optimal solution if precise pitot and static pressure is needed on unmanned aerial vehicles (UAV), remotely piloted aircraft (RPA) or other flight vehicles. It can be used together with the PSS-8 pitot-static system or with other air data systems.
The integrated heating electronics regulates the temperature of the probe within a narrow band of temperature usually at +80°C. Maximum power of the heater is 30 Watt at 24 VDC. Both the maximum temperature and the maximum power are configurable by the factory or the user. A status output signal indicates system normal operation. An input signal allows the flight control computer (or autopilot) to switch the heater on and off during the flight. This is used to conserve power during a long flight.
The static holes are located in the stainless-steel part of the probe for highest accuracy and best heating performance.
- Small size and lightweight, very small probe diameter of only 9 mm
- Made of stainless steel, aircraft grade aluminum and carbon fiber tube
- Best solution for UAVs, RPAs and other flight vehicles
- Integrated and regulated heater
- 9-32 VDC Power Input (max. 30 Watt at 24VDC)
- High accuracy
- Designed and tested in the wind-tunnel
- Heated static holes
- Drainage system
- Small probe diameter and regulated temperature for lowest power consumption
- On/off function via 5V logic level
- Status indication via 5V logic level
- Electrical connector for easy installation and detachment
- Connector and pressure fitting in line with aircraft axis, allows slim fuselage design
- Reverse polarity protection